Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Accordian File For Multiple Gift Cards!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Try To Live In The Now...Not In The Later
As I look at my calendar for the rest of 2010, I find myself scanning the remaining time and looking for those dates when I will be at home, free of travel, without travel or stress on the immediate horizon.  I find myself saying, "If I can just get through these days, then I will be able to (insert appropriate word here depending on mood...ie relax, enjoy, create, rest, smile, breathe....you get the point)."  While I am going through this I recognize that I am trying to live in the later and ignore the now - trying to just get through...and I have to say I'm not proud of this at all.  I am here, now, today - I have been given the gift of this moment, this minute, this breath...how dare I try to squander it away!  I do not know the secret to living in the now - maybe the first step is the awareness that I am thinking ahead of myself - thinking about a time to come as opposed to appreciating the time that is.  So today, my hope is that I will live in this very moment and savor it for the gift that it is.  I wish the same for you.
Today's project was a commission for a friend.  She and her husband wanted to give multiple gift cards to numerous people on their Christmas list and they weren't quite sure how to present them.  Now this is the type of problem I love to solve!  I found a great tutorial HERE on Splitcoast for how to make this great Accordion File Folder.  I decided to adapt it a bit to accommodate 4 gift cards and this is what I came up with.  I also thought that once the gift cards are removed it can become a wonderful mini scrapbook for the Christmas holiday!  I hope you like it!

No comments: