Wednesday, April 15, 2009


Today's Lesson From As Far Away As I Have Ever Been From The Craft Room: Take It In...

Here I am in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia...so bizarre to be here. In some ways it feels like being in New York...except that my body can't seem to decide what time it is :) Right now it is 7:32 a.m. on Wednesday in Denver and 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday in Kuala Lumpur. When the morning comes it will be night in Denver and I will be on my way back home...yeah! Usually when I travel I do not have time or energy to take in the sights and sounds of where I am. Since I traveled so far this time I decided I could not leave here without having taken in a little bit of the local flavor so I asked my body to work with me and go on two outtings. One was to a shop and dinner last night with a group of people from my training. Tonight was dinner out at a local restaurant. I'm really glad I left the hotel and saw something. The bottom photo is of a batik shirt that I am bringing home to Michael (shhh) and the top photo was my "bed" from Los Angeles to Hong Kong...for all 15 hours of that flight! I am anticipating a similar bed, for a similar length of time for that part of the trip home. I have to say I am sooooo grateful to be able to fly business class on these international trips - it makes it a lot easier on my body :)

I can't wait to get back to the craft room and create! I miss it sooooo much!!!!! Ooh - I'll have to load another photo for you - I can see the Petronas Tower out my window - you might recognize it from the movie with Catherine Zeta Jones and Sean Connery - where they are bank robbers...the building is one and the same :) If you find yourself somewhere new - whether it's around the block or around the world, don't forget to take it in!!!! :)

No comments: