Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Thoughts From London

Today's Lesson From London:  Appreciate The Kindnesses That Are Extended To You

I just arrived in London and had a wonderful driver pick me up at the airport and bring me to the hotel where I am staying in Ripley, Surrey.  I hadn't changed money in Denver or Chicago...or at Heathrow and the driver was kind enough to take me to a bank so that I could change money before bringing me to the hotel.  On the way he gave me a small tour of the area.  I am so appreciative of these kindnesses.  I am always a bit tentative whenever I arrive in another country (although I have been to London a number of times so I feel quite comfortable here).  It is such a relief and an unexpected pleasure to encounter kindness and humor and assistance.  I wonder if he knows how much his gestures of kindness meant to me?  I hope so!

No comments: