Sunday, March 28, 2010

Beautiful Butterflies

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Strive For What You Believe You Cannot Do!

Almost 14 years ago, I ran a marathon.  Talk about a feeling of accomplishment!  I had never been a big runner, but one day I woke up and decided to set a marathon as my goal...and I did it!  Now, 14 years later, running a marathon feels like something totally out of reach.  Prior to March 6th, I hadn't run, wogged, jogged or did much of anything exercise-related in AGES!  My standby excuse here in Denver is that it's because of the altitude :)  Well, on March 6th, I got out of bed, went for my morning walk with Buddy and decided to wog instead (my word for a jog that looks a bit more like a walk with a little umph)!  I have not looked back since that morning and Buddy and I have continued to wog since then.  I actually jogged 4 miles the other day!  So now, I'm striving for what I would have believed a month ago I was not capable of doing.  I have looked at marathons in the fall and am setting my sights on a return to the Marine Corps Marathon in October!!!!!  I'm going to try to not get too excited...I had tried, after the last marathon, to train for another and ended up with an unrelated injury that made me hang up my running shoes for awhile.  I am praying for health as I start out on this new journey towards who I once was and who I want to be!  Wish me luck!!!!

Today's card began with sponging some butterfly silhouettes.  I used the background scrap as a stencil after running some chipboard through my Beautiful Butterflies die in the Big Shot.  I then stamped images from the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set with Blush Blossom and Crushed Curry.  I also stamped a Whimsical Words greeting onto the background with Crushed Curry stamped off once.  The greeting was stamped full-strength onto Whisper White card stock and then sponged around the edges.  I love the Ballet Blue butterfly (he is 2 layers - chipboard then the card stock) with the Crushed Curry embossed butterfly from my Beautiful Wings embosslit.  A dash of Dazzling Diamonds finished the look.  I hope you like it!  Don't forget, only a few days left until Sale-A-Bration ends on March 31st!  You still have time to place an order and get all of the great Sale-A-Bration benefits!  Click HERE to shop now!

No comments: