Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Lucky Leprechaun!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take A Minute To Pause And Sit

My dog is the best meditator I have ever seen.  He can sit in the park and stare off into the distance for hours!  It is the epitomy of Zen!  Today I took a cue from him and decided to sit down on the park bench during our morning walk.  From that vantage point I could see the tops of the snow covered mountains.  We sat for awhile, Buddy and I, and just breathed in the scenery.  It brought me calm and peace and a wonderful way to start my day.

These "strips" are for the women at the bank.  I've decided to try to do a new "strip" for them each month so that they can wrap them around the candy dishes that sit on their desks.  This little leprechaun is a mix of a number of punch leprechauns that I discovered while searching the net.  If you haven't checked out Ellen Kemper's blog, you need to do so - she is a master with punch art...and quite funny too! :)  Part of my inspiration came from her adorable leprechaun!  Thanks Ellen!

2 comments:

Ellen Kemper said...

Cute idea to make seasonal strips for the candy dishes! And to put the leprechaun with the define your life "lucky". I honestly forgot that was one of the definitions.

And thanks for the kind words about my blog.

hugs,

jovialjudi said...

Too cute!!! Love these seasonal strips gf. And I agree about dogs although don`t think Molly would sit and stare for that long! She feels the need to herd too many things. lol I LOVE puppy breath!! (Dog people understand this statement!) Have a great evening!