Monday, March 15, 2010

Punch Bunny Easter Treat

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Allow Your Body Time To Adjust

OK, I'll admit it...I slept until 9 a.m. this morning!  That is not my usual approach to the morning, but my body just wouldn't wake up!  It's funny how this happens to me when we adjust the clocks for Daylight Saving Time.  I think we expect that we will just turn the clock ahead one hour and our bodies will adjust as quickly as it takes us to adjust the clock!  Not so.  Our bodies have their own natural rhythm.  A rhythm that, I believe, is very tied to the sun and the moon - light and darkness.  Just because we can adjust the clock in an instant, does not mean our bodies will make the same quick change.  We need to allow our bodies time to adjust to the new time we are presenting them with.  Time to shift rhythm.  Maybe tomorrow I'll wake up a little earlier...I'll let my body decide.

Today's Easter treat was inspired by a punch bunny by Jami Sibley (thanks Jami!).  I believe her bunny was inspired by about 3 other people...so this bunny has come a long way on the creativity train! :)  He was a ton of fun to make (using the wide oval, small oval, word window and heart trio punches) and I thought he'd be adorable as a treat bag topper!  I ran my Top Note die through the Big Shot with both sahara sand textured card stock and then a smaller piece of green galore card stock for the grass.  Two yummy Ghirardelli chocolate square fit perfectly in our small cello bags.  I hope you like him! :)

No comments: