Sunday, April 25, 2010

Vintage Vogue Monogram Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Lie Down And Rest

I have to admit that I am not a big nap person.  As a matter of fact, I usually feel all hazy and weird if I take a nap in the middle of the day.  However, just because I'm not a nap person does not mean that I can't lay down and just rest.  I can close my eyes, or not.  Read a book, or not.  Sometimes it just feels good to slow down and allow yourself some moments of "nothing."

Today's card was designed for the 40th birthday of a friend of mine!  I made a whole set of cards and stamped envelopes for her as a gift.  I really love thinking of a person and what they mean to me and then trying to translate that into a stamped gift :)  I used the Vintage Vogue and Lovely Letters stamp sets.  I embossed the monogram letter and punched it out and then adhered it to a 1 1/4" circle punch and the scallop circle punch.  A bit of Bashful Blue satin ribbon finishes the look.  I hope you like it!

No comments: