Monday, May 24, 2010

Four Ways Friday #7 - Rub Ons!

Ahh the best laid plans!  Sorry it has taken me a few more days than expected to post last week's Four Ways Friday...hopefully you'll feel it was worth the wait! :)

This week's Four Ways Friday features Rub Ons!!!!  How many ways can you use your rub ons?  Here are Four Ways I used mine!
For this first project I decided to use rub ons on glass!  They work great (although you don't want to wash the jar once the rub ons are in place).  If you make a mistake when you are putting on the rub ons, no problem!  You can always scrape them off and apply a new one!  I also love to cut up my rub ons so that I can use specific words as opposed to the entire phrase or greeting.  I took the word "sweet" from a "sweet new baby" greeting.
This butterfly card uses rub ons in their traditional manner.  I placed the rub on on a piece of Almost Amethyst card stock and created a flag to attach to the card.  I made this small butterfly card with the butterfly die in my Big Shot - just crease a piece of Whisper White card stock and be sure to place the crease just inside of the edge of the die cut outline in order to create the card v. cutting out the full shape.  I used black craft ink and clear embossing powder to emboss the background from the Charming stamp set.  I outlined the edge of the card with my versamark marker and then embossed the edge with gold embossing powder.  The butterfly was colored with ink and sponge daubers.  The center of the butterfly was made with a piece of wire and gold beads along with some of the crystals from the Pretties Kit.

For this third project I satisfied my curiosity of wondering what would happen if I put Crystal Effects over a rub on!  It works!  You can make great embellishments this way!  I punched out a piece of Pumpkin Pie card stock with my Modern Label punch and then added the rub on and covered the whole piece with Crystal Effects.  It is popped up on the card with dimensionals.  The background is an image from the Short & Sweet stamp set stamped in Versamark.  The little boy is from the Very Thankful stamp set.  I stamped him twice and cut out the heart from one of the images.  I colored him and the heart with markers and popped the heart up on a dimensional and covered it with Crystal Effects.  The finished card size is 3x3.
For this fourth and final project I decided to use rub ons on a window sheet/transparency.  Once again I made a uniquely-shaped card by creasing a piece of Kraft card stock and running it through the Big Shot with my Scallop Square die.  I placed the crease about half-way up the die to create the card and also die cut the piece of window sheet at the same time.  I stamped the motorcycle on the underside of the transparency using black Staz-on ink (this is why the motorcycle is facing toward the left) and then applied the rub on to the front side of the window sheet.  I stamped the Kraft card stock with an Itty Bitty Background stamp in Soft Suede ink.  The eyelets were used to attach the window sheet to the Kraft card.  A piece of Whisper White card stock was attached underneath the window sheet to create some interest and to highlight the rub on.  Finally a small tag was created using the Tiny Tags stamp set and the tag punch and attached with a small piece of linen thread.

What other ways do you use your rub ons?  I'd love to hear your ideas!  See you later this week for another Four Ways Friday! :)

No comments: