Monday, June 14, 2010

It's The Thought...More Crabs!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Find Your Island In Time

The craft room is more than a place for me.  It is magic - when I create, time stands still.  Worries seem to fade from my mind.  My heartbeat calms and my body relaxes.  Just writing about it makes me breathe more deeply.  For each of us, there is a place of "magic" - do you know where your "magic" lives?  Maybe it's in a warm bath, or on a mountaintop, or on a golf course.  Maybe it's watching your child sleep or taking your dog for a walk.  Wherever it is, it is your own special island - the place you can go to wind down and reconnect with yourself.  If you haven't been there in awhile, now is a wonderful time to visit!

I just can't get enough of this adorable crab!  He makes me smile every time I stamp him (especially when I don't ink up his frown and give him a smile instead) :)  I stamped the Pink Pirouette background with the Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp in Pink Pirouette ink.  The greeting was stamped in Rose Red and the crabs were stamped by inking the parts of the stamp I wanted with Basic Black and then hand drawing the smiles :)  I used my 2-way glue pen with some dazzling diamonds for some bling!  The ribbon was attached with a bit of snail and I added a brad for a quick embellishment.  I hope you like it!

No comments: