Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Post Card Stamping - Friends 24/7

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's OK To Go Into Your Cave...As Long As You Come Out For Air Every Once In Awhile

I don't know about you, but I have a tendency to withdraw when I am going through difficult times.  I don't feel like socializing and I don't even feel like reaching out to friends.  For whatever reason, I find it easier to just be on my own and try to make it through my downer moods.  I've come to learn that going into my cave is ok...as long as I do come out for air...or a chat with a friend, every once in awhile.  If I don't come out for air I know that I can spend too much time in my cave.  Too much time feeling sorry for myself.  I can get trapped in negative thinking.  If I allow myself to reach out to a friend or family member it seems that they always have something positive to say - something that touches me and breaks me out of my downer mood.  So allow yourself to go into your cave if you need to...just remember that we all need a little air :)

This is the second post card in my series for my nieces.  I started with Crumb Cake card stock again and sprayed it with my shimmer paint/alcohol mixture to make it sparkle!  The bird was stamped in Rich Razzleberry and the decorative image was stamped in Baja Breeze.  The greeting was stamped with Chocolate Chip.  I even added a bit of sponging around the masked areas (I can't seem to remember which green color I used) to make the masked areas stand out a bit.  I hope you like it!  Postcards are such a quick and easy way to reach out to someone!

No comments: