Monday, November 08, 2010

Magnetic Bookmark Card!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes It Helps To Get The Yucky Stuff Out Of The Way!
I knew I had some work I needed to get done today and I was tempted to just avoid it and head straight into the craft room.  However, I resisted the urge and decided to buckle down and get the "yucky stuff" out of the way so that then I could enjoy the craft room with a clear head!  It worked!  Unfortunately, I can't show you what I just completed since I decided to try my hand at doing another submission...I'll let you know what happens!
What I can share with you is this fun magnetic bookmark card!  I sent this to one of my wonderful customers - she is a gem!  Making the bookmark is simple.  I took a piece of Regal Rose card stock and folded it over.  Then, I ran it through the Big Shot with the Two Tags Die...except that I placed the fold of the Regal Rose card stock just inside the outside line of the Tag die so that it did not cut the paper into 2 pieces - instead, the fold remained.  I used adhesive magnetic tape on the inside of the bookmark so that it can easily hold its place in a book.  I decorated both sides with various stamps and those great little rhinestone jewels.  To place it on the front of the card, I just stapled a small strip of Daffodil Delight card stock and hung the bookmark over the middle section.  I hope you like it!  I might just have to make a quick video to show you how it's done - although that might not be for another week or so...I've got some other yucky stuff to get out of the way! :)  Oooh - and Pam, if you're reading this....HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! :)

No comments: