Wednesday, February 23, 2011

From The Kitchen Of - Recipe Booklet

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Can You Stop The Self Abuse?
This is the question I have been asking myself this week.  I find that from the moment I wake up, the things that I say to myself in my mind are often not the most positive.  As a matter of fact, I think I'm quite abusive to myself - telling myself things like "you're not doing enough" or "you're not good enough" or "you should be (fill in the blank)."  What I'm realizing is that all of these unkind messages to myself are beginning to add up and are beginning to make me feel down and out.  So, can I stop it?  I believe that I can - as a matter of fact, I KNOW that I can.  I just need to get aware of the messages and replace them with something more kind - something more compassionate.  I am going to start right NOW!!!!!  I'll let you know how I'm doing :)
Yes, I'm still into my little booklets :)  I recently purchased the From The Kitchen Of stamp set and decided this was a great opportunity to make a little recipe booklet!  I left color up to the Color Coach and just opened to a random page.  Gotta admit that when Pacific Point came up I was a bit nervous.  But, once I got over the nerves I realized that this color combo (Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, and Pumpkin Pie) makes my recipe book look like a festive circus!!!!  Can't wait to fill it with a bunch of yummy recipes!
I used the Dot, Dot, Dot stamp with Pumpkin Pie ink to stamp the Pumpkin Pie card stock.  I used the Broadsheet Alphabet stamp set to stamp the letters onto Whisper White card stock.  I used a combo of Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo ink.  I ran a piece of Melon Mambo card stock through the crimper before sewing it to the front of the booklet.  Once Melon Mambo was a part of the color combo I had the perfect excuse to pull out this ADORABLE pom-pom trim and add a piece to the front (again, I sewed, but you can use Sticky Strip or another adhesive).  On the inside pages I just stamped the recipe card image in Basic Black ink.  My real innovation came when I realized that if I really brought this little creation into the kitchen it would be at the mercy of all kinds of liquids!  Yikes!  So, I quickly thought back to those great book covers we would make for our grade school books and decided to make one out of a sheet protector!  Here's how it came out...
Now it's ready for the kitchen!  I hope you like it! :)

No comments: