Thursday, May 12, 2011

Vintage Vogue Friend Card With CitraSolv Transfer

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Infuse A New Technique Into Your Repertoire!
I like to spend some time every week reading crafting/art magazines or watching art videos on YouTube or other on-line sites.  I really enjoy watching other people create and seeing the different techniques they employ to create their works of art.  I am sometimes inspired enough to actually give some of the techniques a try.  Sometimes I only try once and that is enough :)  Other times I find techniques that get incorporated into my art repertoire - techniques I turn to again and again when the mood strikes.  What new techniques have you tried recently?
Here I turned to a technique that I've been playing with lately - CitraSolv transfers.  I laser printed this vintage photo of a woman and transferred it onto a piece of muslin using CitraSolv and burnishing with a spoon.  I then colored her a bit using Stampin' pastels.  I sewed the fabric to a piece of More Mustard card stock and then got crazy with stamping!  I used images from Vintage Vogue and stamped over and over until the card stock itself started to look like a piece of floral fabric.  I then stamped the "quality" image from My Favorite Things and cut it out and adhered it to the card with dimensionals.  The pearls mark those qualities that this person has as a true friend - quality, strength and durability.  She is definitely someone I can rely on!  I finished the card by machine sewing around the edges and rounding the two bottom corners.  I hope you like it!

No comments: