Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Pennant Parade Pocket Birthday Card & Video!!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Are Safe And Secure In This Very Moment!
If you are reading this post right now, that says to me that you are safe and secure in this very moment.  And this very moment is what matters!  I can get very caught up in fear - particularly when it comes to my safety.  I don't like to watch scary movies because I don't want to put those images in my head.  The reality, however, is that I do a fine job all on my own putting those terrible images into my head!  I can especially drive myself crazy if I happen to be home alone at night.  I can keep myself awake just imagining all the bad things that might happen!  I'm sure it doesn't help that I have a tendency to have the tv on in the craft room and it always seems to be tuned in to an episode of Law & Order or NCIS - both shows about crime and craziness.  So now I try to repeat the mantra, "you are safe and secure in this very moment."  This reminds me that I have a choice - I can let the fear take over or I can recognize that the images only exist in my mind and the reality is that I am perfectly safe in the moment.  Whether I am in a hotel room, home alone one evening, or on a plane what matters is that I release the fears and live in this very moment.  I am safe and secure right now :)
Today's card is a fun and easy card to make and it is a nice change from a traditional folded card.  Here is a video to show you how it's done!  Enjoy!!!!

No comments: