Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Beautiful Butterflies and Simple Alphabet Sign

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Some Days You Can See So Clearly!
It was amazingly clear yesterday.  On our walk, Buddy and I could see forever and the mountains were vivid and sharp in the distance!  Creativity is like those mountains for me.  Some days I sit down to create and in my mind I know exactly what I want to do.  I sit down and start to bring to life the image that is in my head and heart.  And then there are those days when you can't see so clearly.  You still show up to create - you just don't know what is going to appear!  This sign has been like that for me.  Last week I shared with you where I began - it looked like this:
Since the last photo I showed you last week, I added color with alcohol inks (non SU!) and some other bronzing paints and wax.  I also added some glitter glue and spread it around with my finger on the butterfly - the sparkle in person is wonderful!  Now the sign is sitting on my craft table - on top of a piece of butterfly tissue paper that I know will somehow become a part of this art-in-progress.  I will keep sharing as this unfolds - right now I can't see clearly where I'm headed, but I'm going to move forward with the confidence that something incredible will appear!  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this piece isn't finished. It's gorgeous the way it is. But it will likely evolve into something even more spectacular. Can't wait to see where you're headed with this! --Doris