Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Transparency Gift Tag

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.   Albert Einstein
This quote stands on its own.  It doesn't need any commentary from me.  What it does need from me is my attention.  Oh to walk through my life as though everything is a miracle - this is the prayer I have for today.  I wish the same for you :)
Today's tag was a lot of fun to make!  I began by using a retired SU stamp set called God's Beauty and stamped the butterfly onto transparency/window sheet using Jet Black Staz-On.  Next I painted the back of the transparency with acrylic paint...and even added a few dots of acrylic paint on the front of the transparency to highlight the body of the butterfly.  A piece of chipboard was die cut using the Circles #2 die.  I then cut off one of the edges of the circle and stamped the circle with the sentiment from Elements of Style using Jet Black Staz On.  Next I turned my attention to the tag where I sprayed with ink (I mix drops of ink with water in small spray bottles and spray the tags) and sponged the edges.  I used a stencil and sprayed with Elegant Eggplant ink to create part of the background design.  I then used some sequin waste - which I use as a circle stencil - with Frost White shimmer paint to create the dots on the tag and on the chipboard.  Next, the chipboard was adhered to the front tag with glue, as was the butterfly.  I then took some paper flowers (non-SU) and sprayed them with a variety of ink colors.  I added adhesive pearls to the centers and then drizzled some Crystal Effects on the flowers and on the tag to adhere some orange microbeads (non-SU).  The flowers were also attached to the tag using Crystal Effects - it makes a wonderful adhesive!  Finally, I sponged the strings at the top of the tag and also sprayed some pieces of natural cheesecloth with ink.  I tied the cheesecloth pieces through the tag.  I added one final touch - a spritz of black ink with the spritzer tool - somehow that brought everything together.  Here is a picture of the back of the tag - it got sprayed too :)  I hope you like it!

No comments: