Monday, February 20, 2012

Artistic Etchings Stamped Tile

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Takes A Heap Of Loafing To Write A Book.  - Gertrude Stein
I didn't even think I was going to be able to write this post tonight.  It is Sunday evening as I am typing this and I am thoroughly exhausted.  I wasn't really sure why I was so exhausted until I came upon this quote by Gertrude Stein and it made absolute sense.  Not only does it take a heap of effort to write a book or engage fully in the act of creativity.  It also takes a heap of loafing.  Today, I realize, I spent a lot of time on the "heap of effort" side of things as I have been working hard to make my next set of projects for the design team that I am on and, at the same time, I have been trying to come up with ideas for projects I want to create as soon as I'm done with this set of projects!  All of that creating really takes a lot of my energy...and while it doesn't always look like I am doing a ton, my wheels are always turning inside my head and that zaps my energy.  So now it is time to enjoy a heap of loafing!!!!!  I'll make this post short and say that I may decide to take a break tomorrow...we'll see if loafing a bit tonight restores some of my energy.  Just remember both the yin and yang of creating - as much as you need the effort, you need the loaf :)
Today's project is a stamped tile I made into a home decor item to hang in the house.  I stamped the tile with Staz-On ink and an image from Artistic Etchings and the sentiment from Elements Of Style.  I attached a few brads, after clipping off the prongs with my craft & rubber scissors, with Crystal Effects.  The whole piece was then adhered to a piece of masonite that I covered with black card stock using decoupage medium.  A picture hangar was then adhered to the back.  Finally, I sprayed the entire piece with acrylic sealer (next time I'll use glossy, as opposed to matte, acrylic sealer - the matte sealer dulled some of the shine of the tile).  Ahhhh....it's now time to go and loaf...sweet dreams :)

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Beautiful! Again, I must thank you for the inspiration. I've been loafing too much myself.