Friday, February 03, 2012

Four Ways Friday #78 - I Love Love Jumbo Wheel

In this week's Four Ways Friday I am sharing four different ways you can use your I Love Love jumbo wheel.  Each of these projects would be perfect for Valentine's Day!
I began with a card :)  The I Love Love jumbo wheel can create a simple and easy design for your card base.  Here I cut a piece of Baja Breeze card stock and scored it twice.  I then ran the card through the Big Shot twice with the heart border for the Adorning Accents embossing folders.  I then glued the inside flap down to create a pocket and made a small Whisper White card to fit inside.  I stamped the card with an image from Short & Sweet.  To hold the small card closed I created a band using the Everyday Enchantment (Sale-a-bration) designer series paper.  I wrapped the band around the card and adhered it together with glue.  Then I began to add onto the band - first I wrapped it with sticky strip and pleated Pear Pizzazz ribbon.  Next came a punched and sponged Whisper White circle with a punched and sponged heart on top.  The Short & Sweet "love you" mini banner came next.  Finally I added some buttons and an adhesive rhinestone.  This card is perfect for holding a message and a gift card or coupon for Valentine's Day!
Candy and Valentine's Day seem to go hand-in-hand, so what better way to use your I Love Love jumbo wheel than to create a candy holder :)  Here I started with a plain old brown paper lunch bag.  I cut off the top and used the jumbo wheel with Cherry Cobbler ink to roll all four sides of the bag.  Next I added strips of Cherry Cobbler card stock to the top of the bag - I created the scallop edge with the scallop circle punch.  Notice how I used the extra little strip of Cherry Cobbler on the bottom of the bag - this is the strip that is "waste" when you use the scallop edge punch.  I then added some mini clothespins to hold the bag of sweets closed.  I stamped the heart from I Heart Hearts and punched it out with the heart circle punch.  Next I added a bit of Early Espresso baker's twine and a mini banner stamped with the Teeny Tiny Wishes "happy valentine's day."  I couldn't stop there :)  I added a large oval and another heart along with punching out a greeting I had stamped from Sweet Season.  I love how this jumbo wheel can jazz up a simple brown paper bag and make it something special!
The I Love Love jumbo wheel is also great for creating backgrounds for your scrapbook pages!  Here I repeatedly rolled the wheel over and over using Rose Red ink.  I didn't use a cartridge in the wheel, I just inked the wheel up on an ink pad and then kept rolling as the ink got lighter and lighter.  I even rolled right over where I had previously rolled.  This became a great backdrop for this 6x6 scrapbook page.  And yes, if you're wondering, that's me and my dad :)
This jumbo wheel is also wonderful to use for making banners!!!!!  I began with rectangular pieces of Crumb Cake card stock and rolled the wheel across the bottoms using Crumb Cake ink.  Next I cut out the triangles to create the banners.  I used the framelits to create the backgrounds for the letters which were die cut using the Alphabet Simple Letters dies and Melon Mambo card stock.  I punched some hearts using the Heart to Heart punch and sponged the edges with Soft Suede ink before adhering them to the banner.  You probably can't tell from the photo, but those little rosettes were made from the leftover brown paper lunch bag that I used for the second project I shared with you!  I just cut 1/2" strips of the brown paper bag and then scored every 1/4" of an inch before adhering the ends together and hot gluing the rosette in place.  I added an extra large adhesive pearl to the rosette centers for some added bling.  Finally I glued some pieces of drinking straws to the back of each of the banners and thread a piece of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon through the straws.  I then finished off the look with a couple of Crumb Cake seam binding knots!
I hope you've enjoyed this week's Four Ways Friday!  I hope it inspires you to use your I Love Love jumbo wheel to create some fun projects to express your love!  I wish you a peaceful, inspired and creative weekend!!!!

No comments: