Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Out On A Whim Wednesday: A Blue Door

 
Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Remember
Today is the anniversary of my father's death.  It is hard to believe it has been 26 years since he passed away.  Did I really just type that?  26 years?!  Numbers are so bizarre to me - I can't wrap my head around them well.  I still have to count on my fingers when people ask me how old I am - somehow I stopped counting in my later 20s and I haven't budged since :)  I don't seem to relate to numbers well - at least those that mark age or time.  My dad feels as much alive today as he did 26 years ago.  Not a day passes that I don't think of him.  I also feel he sends me signs that he is still there - a part of my daily life - and it makes me smile :)  Having a day like an anniversary does give us pause to remember - to focus on that event or occasion or person - maybe a bit more than we would otherwise do in the business of our day-to-day lives.  So on this anniversary I want to say thank you Dad - thank you for being such a loving father and for sharing that love with me.  I wish those of you reading this could have known him - such a charismatic man with a twinkle in his eye - like he knew something you didn't and you couldn't wait to find out!  Today, I take special time to remember.
For Out On A Whim Wednesday I thought it would be appropriate to share our new blue door :)  As you know, we have been painting the house and garage.  It's been a fun process (some people think we are crazy doing the painting ourselves, but we are really enjoying it - brushstroke by brushstroke - listening to the birds cheer us on as we paint :)  We decided to paint the door to the garage blue - Athens Blue to be exact.  And, I love it!  Every time I see that door, the pop of color makes me smile :)  What could you give a pop of color that might make you smile????

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I love your blue door. You've reminded me that our backdoor still needs to be painted. Although I use that door every day I've gotten so used to it being white....... So, yes, that would make me smile for sure. And it would be a good weekend to finally tackle it too!