Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Pennant Parade Papercut Birthday Card & Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Check Out The Museum Gift Shop!
I was in Houston last week for work.  I had two workshops to conduct and a day off in between them, so I decided to head to the Houston Museum Of Fine Arts.  I loved it!  Going to an art museum provides nutrients for my creativity :)  I can easily get overwhelmed by all of the beauty and expression and I come home with a fullness that feels so good!  On this trip I decided to stop in the gift shop - not something I often do (but it might become a museum habit for me now)!  There, on one of the bookshelves, was a book called Paper Works by Ginkgo Press.  What a gorgeous book!  I thought about just writing down the title and ordering the book once I got home so I wouldn't have to carry it home.  But once I opened the book, I was a goner :)  I bought it and it has been feeding me every time I open it!  The book inspired all kinds of thoughts about papercutting and sculpting with paper.  This card would never have been created if it weren't for that book inspiring me to think about how I might manipulate card stock a bit differently than I traditionally have.  The next time you make it to a museum, make it a point to check out the gift shop!  A book might be waiting to jump off the shelf and into your creative heart!
Here is a video to show you how I made today's card.  It's amazing how a hobby blade/Xacto knife can open up a whole new world!

No comments: