Thursday, August 02, 2012

Throwback Thursday: Cool Cat

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Paper In My House Multiplies!!!
When I was little we had pet fish.  I remember when they would die I couldn't bear to flush them down the toilet (the approach recommended by my dad) so I would take little matchboxes and place the fish inside and then go and bury the tiny box by the mailbox.  It was a very exciting day when my parents agreed to allow us to have 2 gerbils that were offered to us by a friend.  The friend said that they were two girl gerbils and we believed her...until we woke up one morning and had 8 gerbils!  Needless to say, my mom was not thrilled.  Well, I've decided that paper in my home is like those 2 original gerbils.  Somehow when I bring a piece of paper into the house the next thing I know it has multiplied into 20!!!!  I'm not sure how it happens (I did finally figure out how it happened with the gerbils).  It does create all kinds of havoc - having all of those pieces of paper running all over the house!  Aack!  So my task, once again, will be to try to tackle these piling pieces of paper and hopefully figure out how they multiply so quickly!  I wonder if you can neuter a piece of paper?????
Today's Throwback Thursday features the Cool Cat stamp set!  I LOVE this adorable cat - so mod!  I have to say that I am a little unhappy that there really isn't a current cat or dog stamp set available from Stampin' Up!  I'm hoping one shows up soon...maybe in the next mini catalog?????  Let's hope so!  In the meantime, I'll use some of my throwbacks to meet my pet stamping needs :)  Here I just used simple ink, card stock and stamps...with three little rhinestones for the collar.  I hope you like it :)  I think it's just purrrrrfect :)

1 comment:

TiaraHelen said...

Hey, you could become the world's first paper breeder! Make sure you know the pedigree, put your favourite papers together and BAM - more beautiful papers (do you think a pair of 12x12's would make lots of little 6x6's?). The mind boggles.