Thursday, January 31, 2013

Silver Glimmer Heart Mini Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: The Simplest Things Can Be The Most Enjoyable :)
Our new kitty, Loki, has been teaching me a lot over the past few weeks.  He is obviously here to continually remind me that the simplest things can be the most enjoyable :)  Whether it is an empty Stampin' Up! box, a crinkled piece of packing paper, or a string with a knot tied at the end, Loki can have hours and hours of fun!!!!!  What are some of the simplest things that you find most enjoyable????
Today's card is a mini Valentine's card :)  I began with a 6"x3" piece of Very Vanilla card stock and scored it in half.  I then ran a strip of Core'dinations Primrose Petals card stock through the Big Shot with the honeycomb embossing folder and sanded the top with my sanding block.  I punched a heart from silver glimmer paper using the Full Heart punch.  I then stamped the ticket from the That's The Ticket stamp set using Primrose Petals ink on Crumb Cake card stock and punched it out with the Ticket Duo punch.  The heart and ticket were then layered onto the card with dimensionals.  I hope you like it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling card. Loki sounds like a wise little kitty. --Doris

TiaraHelen said...

Hi Michelle
I like that sparkly heart and will def. be getting the honeycomb folder. My favourite simple pleasures? A long, hot shower, the birds on the feeder outside my kitchen window, the sound of my girls giggling together over something and nothing.
Have a lovely day x

Lorraine said...

Cute Valentine. I'll have to ponder your question a little. Hmm, I think that speaks to my need to simplify things.