Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pennant Parade Birthday Card


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Do
That's my word of the day..."do!"  I have been finding myself back in "if only" space.  Have you been there?  It's when your thoughts begin with the words "if only" and then you fill in the blank.  If only I had a barn as a studio.  If only there wasn't so much clutter around me.  If only I had a few million dollars (okay...maybe even one million)!  I find myself sitting there with my thoughts - pondering "if only" and what I realize is that while I am doing all of that pondering I am not DOING anything to get myself closer to having that million, getting my space uncluttered, or working toward having a barn as an art studio!  So today's word is "do" and I'm hoping tomorrow's word will be "do" too!  I need to start doing, even in the midst of all of my thoughts. There is a great quote by Pablo Picasso that says, "Inspiration exists, but it has to find us working."  So off I go to work - to do those things that I keep thinking about...hopefully inspiration will notice me :)
Today's card began with a few of the designer label punch pieces that were lying on my craft table (or, more aptly stated, "buried" on my craft table!).  I took out a Marina Mist card base and tied a piece of stitched satin ribbon around it.  Next I added the designer label punched pieces using dimensionals and layered a few stamped pennants from Pennant Parade.  The sentiments from Pennant Parade, Fabulous Phrases and Mixed Medley were stamped and then punched with a 3/4" circle punch.  They were also added to the card with dimensionals.  A bright button with some linen thread and a spritz with Marina Mist and Chocolate Chip ink finishes the card.  I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card...very creative, as always! And I love your word. As usual, your lesson is something I, too, need to consider and take to heart! Happy May Day!! XOXO--Doris

Lorraine said...

First glance I thought these resembled basketball backboards, nets and the ball. Great design. Isn't it amazing what can come together with just scraps. You've done a wonderful job making them useful.