Friday, July 05, 2013

A Day Of Rest :)

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  I Am Happy And At Peace When I Am Creating
The title of this post is a bit of a misnomer :)  I have actually been incredibly active in the craft room - working on all kinds of fun projects - some with Stampin' Up! supplies, some with all kinds of different art supplies.  It's like someone unleashed a creative whirling dervish in my craft room! :)  Yes, the craft room definitely looks like a disaster area waiting to be condemned...but what's funny is that in the midst of all the piles and supplies and projects, I still seem to manage to clear a little corner where I can sit and create.  What I am realizing again, as I sit for hours and work on projects, is that I am happy and at peace when I am creating.  My breathing slows.  My mind clears.  I am alert and focused and totally "in the moment."  Time spent creating is among my most precious time...as precious as time spent with the two furry ones in the picture above.  Buddy and Loki are getting along now - though there is still a bit of jealousy on Buddy's part :)  Yes, family and creating - my most wonderful moments :)  I hope you have a wonderful and peaceful weekend!  I hope to share some of what I have been working on over the past few days in the coming week!  Stay tuned!!!!  P.S.  There is also a big arts festival, The Cherry Creek Arts Festival, that is in town this weekend.  I plan on spending some time there - getting inspired and supporting other artists!!!!!  If I purchase anything, I'll be sure to share it in a post next week!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I adore this photo of your two fur babies! So glad they're getting along. Buddy shouldn't be jealous...he should know you have love enough for both of them!! Hope you had a great time at the Arts Festival! Hugs, Doris