Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Sunflower Thank You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  The minute you begin to start to judge what you're doing, you're done.  -Cher
I was watching the show The Voice the other day and Cher, one of the celebrity coaching assistants, made the above statement to one of the contestants.  To put it into context, the contestant was trying to connect with the song he was singing, but he was so focused on other people judging his singing that he wasn't connecting at all.  This is so true for me with my art making.  The minute I begin to start to judge what I'm doing it's as if I have placed a huge creative block in my way.  I create my own obstacles and for what?  Why not leave the judging to someone else and leave the creating to me? :)
For my birthday one of my friends gave me a bunch of sunflowers!  How perfect to have the Sunflower background stamp to create a thank you card :)  I stamped the flower using So Saffron ink on Very Vanilla card stock.  Next, I stamped the sentiment from From My Heart using Basic Black ink.  The panel was then layered onto a Basic Black card stock panel and a So Saffron card base.  As an added touch, I stamped the flower onto the envelope as well.  I hope you like it :)

No comments: