Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving and Recycled Magazine Page Envelope

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Can Choose Another Story
Stories, myths, legends, history - they all come to mind as we enjoy the beginning of the holiday season.  I notice how many stories surround the holidays - stories about where we have come from; stories about where we are going; stories about what and who we are.  I also am aware of the stories I tell myself - stories about who I am, what I need, and where I am headed.  My stories aren't always ones I want to keep reading - stories of not being good enough; stories of not having enough; stories of needing more time...more talent...more supplies.  A lot of stories of want.  I'm tired of some of my stories - tired of the power I give to them - tired of the energy they drain from me.  I realize I can choose another story.  A new place to put my energy.  A new legend.  A powerful myth.  Something I can believe in and live into.  Yes, you can choose another story.  What will it be?
I want to wish those of you celebrating Thanksgiving a season of gratitude and appreciation for all that you are, all that you have been, and all that you will be.  My your blessings be abundant, your sense of satisfaction deep, and your heart full.  Today I also share with you a simple little project that began with the belief that I have enough right here, right now - I tore out a magazine page - something I might otherwise have recycled - and I turned it into an envelope with the envelope punch board, a bit of gesso and a touch of stamping!  Can't wait to see what I fill it with and who I send it to!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

One of the many things I'm thankful for is having stumbled onto this blog, oh, so long ago, and into a wonderful long-distance friendship. Wishing you and yours all the blessings of the season. Looking forward to watching you craft your new, powerful myth. Sending love and hugs. Doris XOXOX