Thursday, March 06, 2014

Art Tape Covered Journal


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Work With What's In Front Of You!
I have been playing around with making different painted art tapes and somehow the urge struck me to roll some of them up and take them with me on my last work trip.  On my flight I remembered that they were in my bag and I began to wonder what I could do with them.  The little Moleskine journal that I had with me was in my lap and an idea was hatched!  Why not cover the journal?!  So I began tearing little pieces of the tape and randomly adhered the little pieces to the front...and then the back...cover.  The colors and shapes totally transformed this little journal into a tiny piece of art :)  I love the idea of working with what's right there in front of you!  What is in front of you right now that you could transform into a work of art? (uh-oh...the idea just crossed my mind to cover my computer in painted art tape!  Something tells me I should identify something else...but you never know! :)

1 comment:

Asiwriteibreathe said...

Hello Michelle,

Been a while but I thought I'd come by anyway. As always you have awesome work here...a labor of love.

Good to see you.

Hugs, Peggy.

PS: still have your beautiful bookmark and use it everyday while I enjoy a book.