Thursday, May 29, 2014

Papillon Potpourri Birthday Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Honor Your Need For That Which Soothes Your Soul
When I am on the road for work it can be easy to forget to honor my need for that which soothes my soul.  I continue to realize that if I make taking care of myself a high priority, I can find ways to honor self care while I travel.  This week some of the things that have provided comfort for me on the road include:  a visit with a friend, walking outdoors and seeing baby geese, a cup of warm soy milk, time spent drawing bits and pieces of the world around me, a warm meal that met my dietary needs.  All little ways to honor my need to soothe my soul.  What do you do to honor your need for that which soothes your soul?
Today I am sharing another card that was inspired by a card sample in the new catalog!  I love using the Idea Book & Catalog for ideas!  Sometimes I am struck by a special card design. Other times my eye is caught by a color combination I never would have thought of.  And yes, I pulled out a few retired items that I'm trying to use (as opposed to put away and have gather dust).  So glad the Papillon Potpourri stamp set didn't retire!

No comments: