Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Kinda Eclectic Kindness Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  You Don't Have To Be "Productive," You Just Have To Be
Today's lesson is one that I am learning myself.  Somehow I've bought into the cultural imperative that we should always be producing something - minutes spent staring at the clouds are minutes you could be "doing" something.  Well to heck with that!  Staring at the clouds IS doing something!  It is doing exactly what your soul needs you to be doing.  When did I buy into this "productivity" myth?  I wonder if this is why smartphones are so successful?  They create the guise of being productive.  Yet I recognize that the exact opposite is happening for me.  So many minutes spent surfing, checking, jumping from here to there.  I'm done.  I'm taking back my control.  I'm allowing myself to just be - that will be my measure of productivity - how many minutes did I allow myself to just "be" today?
This was the first card I made using the new Kinda Eclectic stamp set...and I can't wait to make another!  I also used the new In Colors!  I go through a bit of back and forth every year when it comes to deciding whether or not to purchase the new In Colors.  And, as you can see...I gave in this year :)  I'm glad I did!  Somehow the colors always look so much better in person than in the catalog!  This card was created with one layer and then the addition of a punched butterfly.  So quick and easy and yet so pretty!  I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Absolutely beautiful.