Thursday, July 03, 2014

Nuts About You Card

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It Doesn't Have To Be An Earth-Shattering Work Of Art.  It Just Has To Be
Oy the pressure!  We can sit down in our craft space and feel the weight of the world on our shoulders.  The idea that was have to create some type of Earth-shattering, phenomenal work of art.  I love when cards like this happen in the midst of other projects.  It reminds me that what I create does not have to be an Earth-shattering work of art.  I just need to let my creativity happen.  I need to let it be - no matter what it is.  In the being, it is enough.
Today's non-Earth-shattering card was made with the adorable Nuts About You hostess set!  I colored the toothpick with some ink and made a banner worthy of any squirrel :)  If the squirrels in my backyard could carry little flags, I bet they would carry these...until the birdseed was no longer there..then they would need new flags that said, "More Nuts Please!"

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Boy did you nail it both with the card and with your observation. I struggle with this myself. Good art doesn't have to be complicated. Sometimes "simple says it".