Monday, August 25, 2014

Flashback Celebrate Card

Today's Question From The Craft Room:  Is it time to call the craft room a studio?
I wonder how I ever started calling it "the craft room" and why?  Why wasn't "studio" the first word that came to mind when I decided to start posting my lessons and my creations...(see, even here I struggle to call what I create "art").  Why do I give the word "art" so much power...and why does it scare me?  I was reading a book the other day (Language and the Pursuit of Happiness by Chalmers Brothers) and it talked about the concept of be...do...have as opposed to have...do...be.  Have..do...be is thinking that sounds like this:  if I have the art supplies then I can do things like make art and then I will be a truly creative artist.  Switching to a mindset of be...do...have creates thinking like this:  I am a truly creative artist and as a truly creative artist I create art and as a result I am happy and fulfilled.  So today I am declaring myself a truly creative artist...and today I also formally declare my craft room to be an art studio!
Today's card immediately has me thinking circus thoughts!  I used the Starburst Sayings stampset and framelits along with Flashback designer series paper.  I hope you like it!

No comments: