Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Pin Cushion Display for Antique Gold Stick Pin Collection


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Go Big Or Go Home! :)
After yesterday's experiment with making a pin cushion for the first time I decided I needed to "go big or go home!"   I wanted a pin cushion that was a little more substantial to display a collection of antique gold stick pins.  So I went into my fabric stash (which includes a collection of upholstery and decorator fabric samples that I picked up at the flea market a few years back) and decided to cut 7" circles (as opposed to the 4 1/2" circles I used yesterday).  I also went through my button stash to find some buttons that would accent the stick pin collection.  I have to say that I am really proud of this pin cushion - especially since it was only my second attempt!  I am hoping the cushion enjoys its new role as the base for this beautiful collection of pins.  Here are the pins displayed on the cushion - it is really spectacular in person!

No comments: