Friday, October 10, 2014

A Special Visit!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Connections can come from the places you least expect them!
I had the wonderful pleasure of visiting Calgary for work earlier this week!  I also had the amazing pleasure of meeting up with my wonderful friend Doris!  Doris is a phenomenal human being and an outstanding Stampin' Up! demonstrator!  If I lived in Calgary, Doris would be my demo!!!! :)  Doris and I met in a place I would have least expected it...here on-line!!!!!  Our friendship is something I treasure!  Doris was sweet enough to present me with this great gift when we met up for dinner!  I love the ring with all of the card stock colors.  It's going to come in quite handy as I design cards and projects!  I love the gift wrapping as much as the gift!  One of my favorite parts is that Doris stamped the Eclectic starburst in the middle of the doily!  So pretty!!!!  I plan to share with you some of the amazing samples Doris shared with me during her visit!  I hope you find the pieces as inspiring as I do!

3 comments:

TiaraHelen said...

I just did a double take! Doris' sampler is identical to the one I made and use. Right down to the size of the font and position of the labels. Her labels are neater than mine though.
Glad you had the chance to meet her, she sounds like a very lovely lady. x

Lorraine said...

What beautiful packaging and such a useful gift. Sounds like you really had fun. It is a special opportunity being able to meet the friends we've made online. So glad you got to visit Doris!

Doris said...

Tiara, a few years ago, I bought a card stock sample off eBay. Ever since, I've been making my own (for myself, my friends, and my stamp club members), but I still use that first card stock ring as my template. I did get wise, though; the original had labels punched with the Word Window punch. Yikes, that took a long time, especially when making a dozen of these things! I now leave the small Avery labels intact and I think they look OK. :-)

I'm beyond thrilled that Michelle was able to come and visit this month. What an amazing person and fabulous friend she is!! I love the internet and Stampin' Up!…without both of which, I would never have met Michelle. And that would have been a huge loss.