Thursday, October 23, 2014

Take Flight Art Journal Page

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Sometimes Beginning Is The Hardest Part
I walk by the craft room, peer inside, and keep walking.  I think of every excuse to not go in - I'm tired; I'm not motivated; I can't.  It's all the little gremlin voice trying to prevent me from taking the risk of creating.  And I succumb.  Often I just let the gremlin win.  Yesterday I decided to slay the gremlin and just picked up a piece of paper that had been sitting on the craft room table.  It had some ink stains and paint drips on it and I just began to add to it.  That's all it takes to slay the gremlin.  Just beginning.  Just picking up the pen, brush, stamp and putting it onto the paper.  A small move of your hand.  A small risk in the grand scheme of things.  Yes, the gremlin will be back.  But for now, I feel victorious!
Today I am sharing an art journal page I created for Paper Crafter's Library.  For a supply list and full step-by-step video instructions, head on over to Paper Crafter's Library by using the badge in the upper right-hand corner of my blog and look into becoming a member.  I create projects for Paper Crafter's Library every month and enjoy stretching my creative limits!  Come join us!

No comments: