Friday, February 20, 2015

Mini-Collage Challenge #27

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Of all places, art is a spot where mistakes should be considered honored guests. - Melanie Rothschild
I am very excited to read Melanie Rothschild's book The Art of Mistakes!  I love a book that is based on the fundamental belief that mistakes are a beautiful thing!  If we are too afraid of making mistakes, we freeze up.  Or worse yet, we never even start.  If we can think of our art as an open invitation for mistakes to come and pay us a visit, we will react to them differently as they occur.  As a matter of fact, we may begin to see our mistakes as the reason why we are creating!  The mistakes are the places where we learn and grow!  The mistakes, if we are inviting them to the play date, are where we can abandon the critic and have fun!  How can you open the door to mistakes today?
This is mini-collage #27 in my personal challenge to create 30 mini collages (in 30 days....but I'm ignoring that part of my own challenge!).  I created the background by sticking down a lot of different pieces of tape that I had painted.  The words were cut out of a book.  I hope you like it!  Now go make some mistakes :)

No comments: