Monday, June 08, 2015

Art Journal Experiment: Monoprinting & Stenciling With Gelatos - A Video!!!!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  What matters is not the time it takes to make art but the art itself.  -Mario Rivoli
I fall into this trap - paying attention to how much time it is taking me to get something done.  The question that people often ask when they see a piece of art that was created..."How much time did that take?"  I wonder why we are so focused on time - especially when it comes to making art.  I wonder if we are getting in our own way when we start to view making art as punching a time clock?  Does the time it takes really matter?  What if we just took whatever time we had - whatever moments we might otherwise be spending in ways that do not nurture our souls - and instead take those moments and gift them to our art making?  Keeping track of those moments is not required.  All you need to do is make the art.
Today I am sharing an Art Journal Experiment with you.  It began with the thought "What would happen if I tried to monoprint with freezer paper and gelatos?" and then it went from there.  Come along on this journey with me as I explore the answer to that question and also learn how to seal the gelatos; stencil with the gelatos and blend the gelatos along the way.  I hope you enjoy the journey with me!


No comments: