Monday, February 09, 2009

FISH BIG!!!! Today's Lesson from the Craft Room: A little humor can brighten your day!

Today's challenge on SCS was to cut out embossed images and incorporate them into a card. I looked through my cb folders and this one popped out since it looked like fish scales to me (OK, so maybe I don't spend a lot of time around fish, but really, it looked like scales to me!) :) I had looked at the gallery first thing this morning and saw Dawn Mercedes' card that used the swirl embossing folder as waves and I was inspired to combine the two! (Thanks Dawn!).

So, this is my rock fish in the waves. I made the hook out of a piece of wire. I had a hard time figuring out an appropriate greeting but my usual standby greeting set, short & sweet inspired me. "Wish big" became "Fish big!" (it's okay, you can smile and giggle :) Hope this silly little humor brightens your day :)

No comments: