Friday, July 17, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Get Acquainted With Your Boundaries

Boundaries are an interesting thing. There are reasons why our cells have boundaries, why our skin creates a boundary with the outside world. Sometimes it is very important to realize where one thing ends and another begins. And sometimes it is equally challenging to honor those boundaries. Today I am all about getting reacquainted with my boundaries. Reminding myself that there are some things I will do and some things I won't and respecting that. Have you gotten to know your boundaries lately?

Today's card was so simple! The limited supply challenge on SCS was to use your high school or wedding colors and a staple, clip or photo turns. My high school colors were purple and yellow...I still have my high school jacket in the basement...not sure when I'll wear it again, but you never know :) I scored the yoyo yellow card stock horizontally and then vertically - this was so easy to do with my Scor-It board! I then sponged the card with yoyo yellow and so saffron to make the texture stand out a bit more. I covered the chip board bird with yoyo yellow and cut around him with a hobby knife and then stamped a little yellow flower all over him in yoyo yellow ink. His beak was colored with an Only Orange marker. Hope you like him!

No comments: