Friday, July 24, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Privacy Please :)

I read the entry for the day in Sarah Ban Breathnach's book Simple Abundance. In the entry she talks about how being "privacy deprived" can lead to feeling sad, depressed and burned out. She talks about the importance of taking private "time-outs" to replenish our spirits. I don't know about you, but I think I have suffered from "pd." In my job I am around so many people when I travel - people in airports and hotels and training rooms...it's no wonder I want to go and hide in a dark closet when I get home! So today, and everyday, give yourself a personal, private "time out." We all need time to replenish our souls.

Today's challenge on Splitcoast was to include something with an engine in our card...trains have engines! I used the designer label punch to punch out these train cars and then trimmed the tops off. The wheels are 1/2" circle punches with a dot of stickles in the middle. I sponged around the train cars with pumpkin pie ink. I made a faux bow...since my bow-tying skills still need a lot of work :) I paper-pieced and popped up the animals and gave them a little bling with stickles :) Hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I work in a busy school office and know exactly what "privacy deprived" means, I just never had a name for it. Your lessons are always thought provoking. Cute card!!!