Thursday, July 23, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: A Scattered Space Leads To A Scattered Brain...or vice versa!

It's amazing I can even think in this office! I'm not sure which comes first, the scattered space or the scattered brain, but somehow I have ended up with both in my office and in my craft room! It's a mess! So I find myself just wanting to sit outside - away from the mess. Maybe the combination of the out-of-control scattered mind and the crazy scattered space will be just the kick in the pants I need to finally sort and organize...I'll keep you posted!

Today's challenge to use a charm had me digging through my old jewelry supplies. When I saw this sun I knew it was the one to build upon for today's card. I used butterscotch alcohol ink to color the silver charm and then stamped the flower after using 3 markers to color it in. The more mustard paper was crumpled up and then flattened for that wonderful distressed look. The Dymo labels were added as the greeting. Finally I put some crystal effects on the flower to give it a little extra shine. Now I just need to wait for a cloudy day so I can give this card to my special someone :)

No comments: