Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room: Find The Scene That Soothes Your Soul

I take Buddy on a walk in the morning and our route usually takes us to a nearby park where we can look out over the park and see the majestic Rocky Mountains. Whenever the mountains come into view it's as if a wave of calm settles over me and I release any tension or trouble I am carrying with me. The scene humbles me and provides me with perspective on how vast the universe is and how small I am. It is soothing. What scene soothes your soul? Whatever it is, try to visit that place every day - whether in person, or by closing your eyes and imagining that special place. Our soul can always using a bit of soothing during our busy days.

These are two of the projects we will be making at my workshop this weekend! I have had a lot of fun trying to come up with ideas - something not too simple, but not too frustrating - it's always a delicate balance :) The mummy is a box that can hold the candy of your choice - just looking at him makes me smile :) I hope you like the projects!

No comments: