Monday, December 14, 2009

Stamped Tile Coasters...Again!


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Some Things Are Better Left Private!

Someone sent me a pretty funny video today.  It is an old SNL skit where a company is advertising a toilet for two!  You can sit next to your sweetheart and share your most intimate bathroom moments...YIKES!!!!  I have to say that might be one of my worst nightmares!  I remember going to the clothing store, Loehmann's as a kid with my mom.  That was close to my second worst nightmare since they had communal changing rooms for trying on clothes.  I guess I'm just one of those modest people - I believe some things are better left private :)  In light of the recent news about this celebrity and that, I wonder how much of what we do and say is appropriate for the public and where our boundaries should be.  Seems like today we want to know every little detail about everyone...and I wonder how healthy that really is for all of us.  Something to ponder...

OK - these might be the last tiles I share with you this year...is that a sigh of relief I just heard from you? :)  I have been in tile-making madness the last few days - trying to get some last minute gifts completed for mailing.  These 2 tiles are for my nieces.  The one on the left is for my niece who LOVES to cook and the one on the right is for my older niece.  I may have shared the butterfly story with you in a post a long time ago...anyway, this tile is a reminder to her of how beautiful and unique she is - something the butterfly represents for us.  Hope you like them!!!!

No comments: