Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Loads of Sponging!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take A Holiday From Complaining

In his book, The Book of Jewish Values, Rabbi Joseph Telushkin shares that he and his wife try to periodically engage in a "complaining fast."  For a week at a time they try to refrain from "all whining and complaining."  By taking a holiday from complaining, we are guided to think more about what we are grateful for rather than focus on what we lack.  I began my holiday today...and I am already grateful!

Today's sketch challenge on SCS really inspired me!  I needed a belated birthday card for my cousin David and the sketch was a perfect beginning!  I sponged the Taken With Teal card with Chocolate Chip ink...and did the same with the Sweet Pea designer paper panels.  I die cut the letters for "belated" from Very Vanilla with the Big Shot and the Simple Letters Alphabet.  These letters got a sponge job too!  I stamped the "happy" (from Teeny Tiny Wishes) and "birthday" (from Upsy Daisy) in chocolate chip on Taken With Teal and yes, you guessed it, the sponge got them too!  I hope you like it!

ps  If you love Taken With Teal as much as I do, you'll want to stock up soon!  This is one of the colors that will be retiring with the Color Renovation beginning July 1!  Don't delay, stock up HERE now!

No comments: