Friday, May 07, 2010

Four Ways Friday #5 - Season of Friendship

Today's Four Ways Friday focuses on the tree stamp in the Season of Friendship stamp set!  I turned the stamp around and around in my hand and came up with a few ideas that might surprise you!

This first card uses the tree stamp in a traditional way.  I stamped the tree in Soft Suede and added flowers that I punched using the Trio Flowers punch.  A touch of dazzling diamonds and white gel pen finishes the look.
For this second card, I used my Stampin' Write markers in Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss and Old Olive to color only certain branches of the tree and stamped them repeatedly at the bottom of the Very Vanilla card stock to make them look like grass!  I knew the Flight of the Butterfly stamp set would be a perfect match so I stamped the greeting and the butterfly from that set.  The butterfly was cut out and popped up on a dimensional...and, of course, I added a bit of dazzling diamonds (can you tell I am in love with dazzling diamonds?!).
For the third card, I decided to take advantage of the great geometric styling of the tree and stamped parts of the tree on top of one another to create this modern-looking background paper.  I stamped the tree in Rich Razzleberry, Melon Mambo and Crushed Curry.  The greeting comes from the Whimsical Words stamp set and was stamped in Rich Razzleberry.
This card is the surprise! :)  As I turned the stamp around and around in my hand, suddenly I saw fish heads!!!! (I know...my mind works in funny ways :)  I used my Stampin' Write markers to color the portion of the stamp that I wanted and then stamped onto the Very Vanilla card stock.  Add a few googley eyes and ta-da!  Fish heads! :)  I thought this sentiment from the Three Little Words stamp set fit these fish perfectly - they look like they belong together.

How else might you use the tree stamp?  I'd love to hear your thoughts!  If you would like to purchase the Season of Friendship stamp set or any of the other products I featured in this week's Four Ways Friday, feel free to shop HERE now!  Have a great weekend!!!!

No comments: