Sunday, May 09, 2010

Square Lattice Embossing Folder

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Take A Moment To Say Thank You!

We encounter so many opportunities each and every day to say "thank you."  The mailman delivers the mail - "thank you!"  The cashier at the grocery store hands us our change - "thank you!"  A friend spends time on the phone with us - "thank you!"  A stranger holds the door open for us - "thank you!"  It can be easy to miss these opportunities to say thank you due to distractions, cell phones, hectic schedules.  Today, stop and take notice of these opportunities...and let me say to you, "thank you" for stopping by to visit!

For today's card I opened the new Square Lattice embossing folder from the Summer Mini catalog!  I love it!  It provides a great POP of texture with minimal effort using your Big Shot!  The flower center was made by punching some tissue paper with my Boho Blossoms punch and crunching and fluffing until I was satisfied.  I sponged on a bit of Orchid Opulence and a touch of dazzling diamonds with the 2-Way Glue pen.  The Razzleberry Lemonade designer paper was punched using the Extra Large Fancy Flower punch and the edges sponged with Orchid Opulence.  The stem and leaves were made from gingham and chocolate chip ribbon.  The greeting, from Thank You Kindly, was colored on the stamp with Orchid Opulence and Pixie Pink markers before being stamped onto the card - I love the two-tone effect!  I hope you like it!  If you want to have some of these products to call your very own, feel free to shop HERE!  Last, but not least, a very big THANK YOU to my mom for being so wonderful!!!!  Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: