Monday, June 07, 2010

Soldering Slide Jewelry


Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Patience Is Definitely A Virtue! :)

I have been reading an incredibly inspiring craft book by Giuseppina Cirincione called Collage Lost and Found.  She is so talented and provides step-by-step instructions for making some great projects.  Of course I fell in love with a project that involved having to solder - something I hadn't done before.  What did I learn?  That patience is definitely a virtue!  Trying to solder something well on my first try was a bit optimistic...although the good thing is that solder melts when heated, so you can go back over mistakes and try to correct them.  I thought I would share with you the first soldered creation I made - this is one side of the pendant.  I'll show you the other side tomorrow :)  I hope you like it - I used a variety of stamps, papers, ephemera, fibers...see if you can tell which Stampin' Up! products I used :)

No comments: