Friday, June 04, 2010

Four Ways Friday #8 - It's The Thought

Today's Four Ways Friday uses the adorable crab stamp from the It's The Thought hostess stamp set in the Summer Mini Catalog.  I'm in love with this cute little crab!!!!

This first card uses the stamp and a 1 1/2" circle punch to create the letter "O" in the word "sorry."  I stamped the crab in Jet Black Staz-On onto Whisper White card stock and colored him using markers and a blender pen.  The letters were cut from Real Red card stock using the simple alphabet dies and the Big Shot.  Notice the net pattern on the Blush Blossom background?  I wrapped rubberbands around my brayer and brayered the background with Blush Blossom ink.  The sand dunes were torn from Sahara Sand card stock.  I used my 2-Way glue pen to attach some sand that I had dyed with Close to Cocoa reinker (check out my video on how to dye sand - it's a lot of fun)!
For this second card I stamped the YoYo Yellow card with the "hello" stamp from the Hello Again stamp set.  I used the spritzer tool to add some interest to the background.  The black card stock was punched using the spiral punch to make it look like a film strip.  The Whisper White card stock was stamped with the crab image and then punched out using my 1 1/4" square punch.  I colored the crabs using my blender pen and ink from my stamp pads.  Isn't this crab adorable?!  Did you notice that he's smiling instead of frowning?  In order to do that, I used my marker to ink up the stamp and did not ink the frown.  Instead, I stamped the crab without a mouth and drew in the smiley face afterwards :)
For the third card I decided to stamp the crab onto Real Red card stock and cut him out using a hobby blade.  I punched a heart from the Heart To Heart punch and was able to put it into the crab's claw by creating a small slit with the hobby blade.  The sand dunes were torn from Sahara Sand card stock and I sponged the edges slightly with Chocolate Chip ink.  The greeting is from the Whimsical Words stamp set and was stamped onto designer series paper (from Sale-a-bration) and then punched out with a circle punch.  I sponged the edges of the circle lightly to add some dimension.  Have I mentioned how much I love this cute little crab?!
Last but not least, this fourth card uses a mirror image technique.  I stamped the crab once and then rotated the paper upside down and stamped the crab again.  Instead of making a mirror image I overlapped the claws a tiny bit so it looked like the crabs were holding "hands."  I used the 2-Way glue pen to add dazzling diamonds to the crabs and once again drew in smiles in place of the frowns.  The greeting is from the Happy Everything stamp set.  I hope you like it!!!!!  If you want to place an order to earn this wonderful hostess stamp set, feel free to shop HERE now!

No comments: