Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More Fur For You! Friends Fur-ever!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Nothing Compares 2 U!

Do you remember the song Nothing Compares 2 U by Sinead O'Connor?  Lately I've been thinking about the title to the song.  I need to find my way back into that realization.  The realization that nothing compares to you - there is no one else like you.  Only you can bring your unique contribution to the world.  I need to pull myself back into this recognition every once in awhile since it can be easy to stray and start to compare yourself to everyone and everything out there and start feeling like you aren't "enough."  You are enough!  You are the only you there is!  Now go out there and shine!!!!!!  NOTHING compares to YOU!!!!!

So....are you in love with this Friends Fur-ever stamp set yet?????  It is sooo CUTE!!!!!  Here I stamped the adorable pooch onto Whisper White card stock and cut him out.  Had to add a bit of glitz to his collar by coloring it with Real Red and then topping it with some Dazzling Diamonds!  I used the stamp-a-ma-jig to get the rope and the little cart in just the right place.  I then stamped a bunch of the hearts using Basic Black ink onto various red/pink shades of card stock and cut them out.  I colored the cart using my Aqua Painters and some Baja Breeze and Basic Gray ink.  I love to cut my dimensionals into small pieces so that I can pop up smaller elements like these little cut out hearts.  Of course, I had to add Crystal Effects to the hearts :)  The greeting comes from the Loads of Love stamp set and works perfectly here.  I used my Scallop Trim Border punch on the Old Olive card stock for the bottom panel and attached it to the Whisper White panel and then attached both to a Marina Mist card base.  The 1/8" Marina Mist taffeta ribbon completes the look.  I hope you like it!  If you still haven't purchased your Friends Fur-ever stamp set, feel free to shop HERE now!

No comments: