Monday, July 12, 2010

Who Let The Dogs Out! Friends Fur-ever!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  Keep Your Head Down And Keep Plowing Forward!

I went for a run yesterday and ran myself right into a storm!  All of a sudden the wind kicked up and tried to knock me down!  Then the rain started to pelt me...ouch!  But I would not be deterred!  I put my head down (and took off my baseball cap since it was not wanting to stay on my head in the wind) and I kept plowing forward.  At times I wasn't making any progress since the wind was pushing right back at me.  But then the storm broke and I was able to move forward again.  Life has felt a bit like a big storm for me lately - I won't get into the details, but I've been a bit down and sulky :(  Yesterday's run was a lesson for me.  In the midst of this life storm, I need to keep my head down and keep plowing forward.  This storm too shall pass.

If you are not a fan of West Highland terriers, then this post and this whole week will not be the week for you! :)  I am CRAZY for this new Friends Fur-ever stamp set and by the time this week is done I'm convinced that you will be nuts for it too!!!!!  Not only will this week's Four Ways Friday feature this stamp set....so will every other post this week!!!!  Did I mention that I'm madly in love with this stamp set???!!!!  Here I stamped the adorable dog onto Sahara Sand card stock and cut him out.  I also stamped the brush and heart image onto Whisper White card stock and cut that out as well (you can use your sharp paper snips or a hobby knife - both make cutting very quick and easy).  Then came the super nova glitter on the collar and the heart - adhered with 2-way glue.  The word "create" was made using the rough type stamp set and a 3/4" circle punch.  Some of the letters and the adorable Westie are popped up on dimensionals.  Textured Tempting Turquoise and Sahara Sand card stock, along with a bit of Basic Black card stock, complete the look.  I hope you like it!!!!!  If you can't wait another minute to own the Friends Fur-ever stamp set, feel free to shop HERE now!

No comments: