Monday, August 02, 2010

Friends Fur-ever Birthday!

Today's Lesson From The Craft Room:  It's Amazing What You Can Do When You Set Your Mind To It!

For those of you that have been following my blog, you know that in March I decided to start running.  I couldn't run for more than a few minutes (if that) without wearing myself out.  Well, I want to give you an update...yesterday I went for a 16-mile run!!!!!  You read that right - 16 miles!!!!  I am sooooo proud of myself!  I am following Jeff Galloway's running program.  He advocates a run/walk approach so I run for 5 minutes and then walk for 1 minute...and I did that for about 3 hours, bright and early, before the day turned hot.  I still can't believe it!  It truly is amazing what you can do when you set your mind to it.  All you need to do is decide to begin!  Now I have my goal out in front of me - Marine Corps Marathon in Washington, D.C. in October - watch out world, here I come!!!!!

I am still addicted to the Friends Fur-ever stamp set!  It is just too cute!  This is a birthday card for Michael's mom.  I stamped the dog and the presents in Basic Black onto Whisper White cs and cut them out with a hobby blade.  I then stamped the cart onto Crumb Cake cs with Basic Black ink and also cut it out.  The tire was colored with a Basic Gray marker and I added a cute little silver bead for the tire center.  The presents were colored with markers and then glitzed with 2-way glue and dazzling diamonds...as was the dog's color.  The ground was made by cutting curves into a piece of Certainly Celery cs and then sponging a bit on the edge and the cs in general with Certainly Celery ink.  The greeting came from Happy Everything - one of my favorite, although retired, stamp sets.  I hope you like it!  If you have to have the Friends Fur-ever stamp set, feel free to shop HERE now :)

No comments: